financial advisors for doctors
Client Profile: Doctor
- Age 43
- Married with two kids: ages 7 and 9
- Annual Income $1,000,000
- Investable assets $500,000
The doctor and his wife recently purchased the family home of their dreams. Almost half of their income goes to pay taxes, and they still manage to save over $100,000 each year. At this point, their goals are pretty simple: pay for college for their kids and enjoy the rest of their money in a comfortable retirement. The doctor is sophisticated enough to handle many of his own investment decisions, but a demanding work schedule and an active young family make it difficult to find the time to do so.
- A financial advisor reviewed current insurance policies, including life, disability, home, and auto. Recommended a $3M umbrella insurance policy be added for asset protection purposes. We suggested purchasing the policy through the client’s’ current home and auto carrier to take advantage of a multi-policy discount.
- CFP® coordinated with CPA and pension administrator to set-up and fund retirement accounts each year.
- Recommended tax-inefficient investments be owned inside retirement accounts to reduce client’s taxable income, while maximizing after-tax investment returns.
- By working with a CPA financial planner, this doctor made $150,000 in pre-tax deferrals to a newly established retirement plan reducing their current year tax liability by over $75,000.
- Clients immediately benefited from increased asset protection via the umbrella policy and retirement plan.
- A family charitable fund was established to donate to charities more tax efficiently.
- Both spouses expressed greater peace of mind and clarity around financial decision-making. They enjoyed making informed decisions and then delegating action to our RIA firm.